DEEP SPACE SCOUT SHIP HYPER-5 RESPONDS TO AN UNKNOWN DISTRESS BEACON.
A TERRIFYING ENEMY AWAITS.
LATEST UPDATE 20/04/2022:
HYPER-5 V8 update is released!
DOWNLOAD HERE and read the V8 Dev Log
Also available on STEAM – HERE!
Hyper-5 is a cinematic shmup inspired by classics from the “golden era” of the 90’s. Download the FREE DEMO, and please leave your feedback below! The full game features:
- Five levels, each with their own distinct environment and challenges.
- Two bonus time-trial missions battling the enemy and the clock!
- 20+ upgradable weapon systems to unlock and upgrade.
- Over forty different kinds of enemy to destroy, including five unique bosses.
- Challenge-based progression system.
- Modern 3D visuals including volumetric lighting, clouds and effects.
- Selectable Progression and Precision story play styles, and an Arcade Mode.
- Cinematic story line to discover the fate of Hyper-5.
- Full high-quality sound track in MP3 and FLAC
Hyper-5 requires a reasonably modern gaming-spec PC with discrete GPU. It supports configurable output resolutions and frame rates.
- Recommended minimum spec for 720p is an Intel i5, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA 1050Ti (or equivalent) 4GB VRAM
- I use an i7-6700HQ and NVIDIA 1070(mobile) for 1080p, 60FPS
- FidelityFX "Quality" mode should allow 4k, 60FPS on NVIDIA 2070
You should use a controller to play this game, although keyboard input is supported. Button input is redefinable in-game. Most controllers should work, recommended / supported options are:
- Xbox controller (360 / One)
- Playstation DS4
- Steam controller (see enclosed video for setup)
Hyper-5 released on 28th January 2022.
Thank you everyone for your help and support!
About the author
Hi all! I am a solo, “spare time” indie developer from Oxford, UK and have been working on my project Hyper-5 for about four years. I hope you like it! I have used Unity alongside many excellent third-party assets to realise Hyper-5 and the game contains an attribution list in the credits.
Please feel free to leave a comment here, or contact me directly at:
Feedback AT hyper-5.com