Any chance of a macOS release?
A downloadable game for Windows
DEEP SPACE SCOUT SHIP HYPER-5 RESPONDS TO AN UNKNOWN DISTRESS BEACON.
A TERRIFYING ENEMY AWAITS.
LATEST UPDATE 22/07/2022:
HYPER-5 V9 update is released!
DOWNLOAD HERE and read the V9 Dev Log
Also available on STEAM – HERE!
PRESS KIT AVAILABLE - DOWNLOAD HERE
Hyper-5 is a cinematic shmup inspired by classics from the “golden era” of the 90’s. Download the FREE DEMO, and please leave your feedback below! The full game features:
- Five levels, each with their own distinct environment and challenges.
- Two bonus time-trial missions battling the enemy and the clock!
- 20+ upgradable weapon systems to unlock and upgrade.
- Over forty different kinds of enemy to destroy, including five unique bosses.
- Challenge-based progression system.
- Modern 3D visuals including volumetric lighting, clouds and effects.
- Selectable Progression and Precision story play styles, and an Arcade Mode.
- Cinematic story line to discover the fate of Hyper-5.
- Full high-quality sound track in MP3 and FLAC
Hyper-5 requires a reasonably modern gaming-spec PC with discrete GPU. It supports configurable output resolutions and frame rates.
- Recommended minimum spec for 720p is an Intel i5, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA 1050Ti (or equivalent) 4GB VRAM
- I use an i7-6700HQ and NVIDIA 1070(mobile) for 1080p, 60FPS
- FidelityFX "Quality" mode should allow 4k, 60FPS on NVIDIA 2070
You should use a controller to play this game, although keyboard input is supported. Button input is redefinable in-game. Most controllers should work, recommended / supported options are:
- Xbox controller (360 / One)
- Playstation DS4
- Steam controller (see enclosed video for setup)
Hyper-5 released on 28th January 2022.
Thank you everyone for your help and support!
About the author
Hi all! I am a solo, “spare time” indie developer from Oxford, UK and have been working on my project Hyper-5 for about four years. I hope you like it! I have used Unity alongside many excellent third-party assets to realise Hyper-5 and the game contains an attribution list in the credits.
Please feel free to leave a comment here, or contact me directly at:
Feedback AT hyper-5.com
|Tags||Aliens, Arcade, Controller, Shoot 'Em Up, Space, Unity|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Joystick, Playstation controller|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Configurable controls|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $8.33 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Devlog - V9 "armoury update"Jul 22, 2022
- Devlog - V8 updateApr 20, 2022
- Hyper-5 is releasedJan 28, 2022
- Devlog - V7 UpdateJan 21, 2022
- Devlog - V5 Demo UpdateNov 16, 2021
- Vote Hyper-5 at GDWC!Aug 31, 2021
- Devlog - Demo UpdateAug 14, 2021
- Devlog and Steam Live and Coming Soon!Jun 24, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi! Thanks for your interest. Whilst in principle Unity does export to macOS unfortunately at the moment I do not have hardware to develop / test. Maybe at some point in the future.
I’m happy to work with you to test a Mac release. Export the demo and I can test that on macOS 13 beta (due for release soon).
Bravo! Very cool to see such a good passion project! I was able to beat the demo once I figured a few things out.
Exceptional graphics and effects. I was really impressed by the changing camera angles while playing. Gallery and Simulate features were both nice additions. Difficulty was reasonable and not too much of a "bullet-hell". The boss animations and water level were fantastic. I don't think I've played a shmup that took place underwater before. It was very nice to see organic enemy types.
Suggestions for Improvement:
I was pretty frequently confused with selected buttons being highlighted in grey. Usually one associates green with "go" so when a button was grey, it leads one to think that it hasn't been selected yet. Also I found the moving menus to be more annoying than cool. The player ship voiceover sounds a bit canned.
Overall: Very impressed, if I didn't know any better I would have thought this was a AAA title.
hey! thanks for trying the demo and your feedback I appreciate it. Maybe I'll add an option to lock the menu's in place. I agree in a perfect world the voiceover could be improved but you can toggle it off if you get fed up with it :)
Nice! if you need some music to support your games please let me know.https://soundcloud.com/falling-into-life/drm-n-yo-face
Hey! Thanks for getting in touch. Your SoundCloud is cool. I pretty much have all the music sorted now but I'll certainly keep you in mind for the future ☺️
Great news i have a just bought a more powerful PC so i can now fully enjoy playing your Fantastic Shoot em Up and it wont be long now for the full release, Cant wait :)
Awesome shoot em up but sadly to powerful game for my laptop to handle, what a shame i well want to play it and excellent work, i will be purchasing anyway and eventually when i can afford a much better powerful laptop i will be able to appreciate and fully enjoy playing it :)
Hi! Thanks for your feedback and sorry about the requirements; the game does have some quite GPU expensive effects. If there is enough demand I might try to add a "lower quality" mode when time allows. Have you tried running at a lower resolution e.g 640 x 480 this might help a bit?
I have lowered my PC resolution to 800 X 600 and your game works so much better now, especially the Cinematic sequences which are totally Amazing, Love your game its very impressive and cant wait for your full game to be released, i will be purchasing, Awesome work :)
SHOOT EM UPS 4 LIFE!!!
really good dev